- Property appraisal and rental valuation
- Advertising and marketing on national property portals including Rightmove, Zoopla, On The Market and of course our own website, wareandco.com
- Accompanied viewings to potential applicants including out of hours
- Interviewing the applicant(s), taking up references and carrying out credit checks (where possible). Where necessary, requesting a Guarantor
- Preparing an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement including Prescribed Information or a Non-housing Act Tenancy Agreement if appropriate
- Preparing a full and comprehensive Inventory and Schedule of Condition either in-house or using an external inventory company (estimate of charge can be given)
- Placing the tenant’s deposit with The Deposit Protection Service
- Collecting the rent from the Tenant(s), deducting any expenses incurred in the period and the agent’s fees. Crediting the balance to a nominated account
- Regular property visits to the property during the period of the tenancy followed by a written report to the landlord
- Arranging any works or repairs at the property. Liaising with tradespeople and the tenant(s). Obtaining quotes where necessary and liaising with the landlord
- Arranging annual gas safety inspections and periodic electrical inspections
- Making payments on behalf of the landlord from rents received
- Carrying out an inspection at the end of a tenancy using the Inventory and Schedule of Condition. Detailing any damages or lack of cleaning
- Serving relevant notices to the tenant(s) where necessary
Our fully managed service includes all the above services. We also offer a tenant-find service which offers the first seven points from the above list. However, we can tailor our service to suit you and are happy to discuss how this could work for you.
We also consider the fees we charge to tenants to be important to landlords as charging very high fees to applicants may result in properties being on the market for longer. Therefore, our fees are competitive, clear and honest.
We are a long established family-owned estate and letting agency with over 25 years’ experience. We are proud to be ARLA Propertymark accredited and our staff regularly attend update courses keeping fully abreast of the constantly changing legislation which we consider to be very important. We value our independence because of the freedom it gives us to deliver high quality service with the personal touch.
We are members of The Property Ombudsman Scheme and adhere to their Code of Practice in Residential Letting Agents. You can find out more about this at www.tpos.co.uk. We are also members of a Client Money Protection Scheme as members of ARLA Propertymark meaning that all client monies are kept in a separate client account which is subject to annual, independent inspections.
"First time using Ware and Co to purchase a property. Have found everyone to be very helpful and always accommodating whenever any issues arose. Both Martin and Simon have been very pleasant to deal with and we are very happy with how things have gone. Very good company and efficient and helpful in all aspects."