We are a long established family-owned estate and letting agency with over 25 years’ experience. We are ARLA accredited and our staff regularly attend update courses keeping fully up to date with the ever changing legislation which is essential. We value our independence because of the freedom it gives us to deliver high quality service with the personal touch.
We ask you to complete our application form which you should then complete, sign and return to our office in person, by post or by completing, scanning and e-mailing to email@example.com.
We will contact the Landlord. If the Landlord wishes to proceed to referencing you will need to pay the Holding Deposit.
Prior to the tenancy commencement you will be asked to pay:
- A holding deposit of 1 weeks rent.
This reserves the property whilst referencing is carried out and the tenancy agreement is prepared. This is the total for the property, not per tenant. This may be held by the agent until the tenancy commences. The holding deposit may be retained by the agent where the applicant provides false or misleading information, fails a right to rent check, withdraws from the property or fails to take all reasonable steps to enter into the tenancy. The holding deposit will be set against the first month’s rent at the commencement of the tenancy;
- A tenancy deposit of 5 weeks rent. The deposit will be registered with a recognised government-approved deposit scheme (usually The Deposit Protection Service);
- Rent for the first agreed period.
During the tenancy you will have to pay:
- Utilities, council tax, telephone, broadband, television licence (unless agreed otherwise in your tenancy agreement).
During the tenancy you may have to pay:
- Interest on late rent.
- Rental payments overdue by 14 days or more will be subject to interest at the rate of the Bank of Englands base rate + 3% per annum calculated from the date the payment was due up until the date payment is received;
- £50, inclusive of VAT, or reasonable costs, if higher, towards any requested change to the Tenancy Agreement during the Tenancy;
- Reasonable costs of any additional keys or security devices requested by or lost/broken by the Tenant;
- If you request an early termination of the tenancy you may be asked to pay rent until the tenancy is terminated and cover the reasonable costs of the landlord.
Come into our office with your original Right to Rent and Proof of Identity documents within 2 working days of payment of the Holding Deposit.
We will carry out referencing and will keep you informed of progress. We will liaise with you to agree the tenancy commencement date and initial fixed term.
Check-in is carried out at our office and we usually provide a full Inventory and Schedule of Condition.
Visits are carried out routinely throughout your tenancy if we manage the property.
You should arrange your own insurance. Your landlord’s own insurance typically will not cover you if you accidentally damage their property and it definitely will not cover you if your own contents are damaged or stolen from your home. See our page entitled Insurance For Tenants for further assistance.
We are members of The Propertymark Client Money Protection Scheme.
We are members of The Property Ombudsman.
"I would like to recommend Simon and his team. Professional in their approach and more importantly they helped my purchase progress by doing just that bit extra to sort last minute hurdles. In the future if selling I would definitely use Ware & Co, currently, I have no intention of moving as very happy with my purchase."