- Property appraisal and rental valuation
- Advertising and marketing on national property portals including rightmove.co.uk, Zoopla and of course our own website wareandco.com
- Accompanied viewings to potential applicants including out of hours
- Interviewing the applicant(s), taking up references and carrying out credit checks (where possible). Where necessary, requesting a Guarantor
- Preparing an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement including Prescribed Information or a Non-housing Act Tenancy Agreement if appropriate
- Preparing a full and comprehensive Inventory and Schedule of Condition either in-house or using an external inventory company (estimate of charge can be given)
- Placing the tenant’s deposit with The Deposit Protection Service
- Collecting the rent from the Tenant(s), deducting any expenses incurred in the period and the agent’s fees. Crediting the balance to a nominated account
- Regular property visits to the property during the period of the tenancy followed by a written report to the landlord
- Arranging any works or repairs at the property. Liaising with tradespeople and the tenant(s). Obtaining quotes where necessary and liaising with the landlord
- Arranging annual gas safety inspections and periodic electrical inspections
- Making payments on behalf of the landlord from rents received
- Carrying out an inspection at the end of a tenancy using the Inventory and Schedule of Condition. Detailing any damages or lack of cleaning
- Serving relevant notices to the tenant(s) where necessary
Our fully managed service includes all the above services. We also offer a tenant-find service which offers the first seven points from the above list. However, we can tailor our service to suit you and are happy to discuss how this could work for you.
We also consider the fees we charge to tenants to be important to landlords as charging very high fees to applicants may result in properties being on the market for longer. Therefore, our fees are competitive, clear and honest.
We are a long established family-owned estate and letting agency with over 25 years’ experience. We are ARLA accredited and our staff regularly attend update courses keeping fully abreast of the ever changing legislation which we consider to be very important. We value our independence because of the freedom it gives us to deliver high quality service with the personal touch.
"Thank you for your help in managing my property for 9 years and successfully arranging a sale. i would recommend Ware and Co to anyone seeking to let rent buy or sell. Established family firms should be supported and encouraged; the world of estate agency is dominated by corporates whose ethics and professionalism leave much to be desired. Simon, Nicola and their team offer an efficient personal service and i would happily go to them again."